The international fast track acceleration program dedicated to projects in Life Sciences, with a specific focus on Central Nervous System (CNS) and Respiratory diseases.
The applications are accepted from the 5th of April to the 10th of June 2018.
The reason why
Zambon Vision "Innovating cure and care to make patients’ lives better" is fulfilled going “beyond the pill”, recognizing the ever-growing importance of innovative technologies and the digitalization of healthcare.
In order to provide comprehensive high quality solutions to patients, Zambon complements the offering of medicines with modern health solutions.
Zcube - Zambon Research Venture - is actively scouting for innovative projects in the field of drug delivery systems, medical devices, biomarkers, diagnostics, digital health and big data solutions.
Combining these modern health solutions with medicines, Zambon aims to translate its Vision in concrete actions.
What we look for
Open Accelerator aims at identifying international innovative projects in Life Sciences.
In line with Zambon Vision, the 2018 call will be focused on two therapeutics areas:
CNS and Respiratory (including Rare Diseases in both areas).
Specifically, we look for modern health solutions in the field of:
Drug delivery systems
MEDICAL DEVICES, BIOMARKERS, DIAGNOSTICS
Wearables and Digital Health
Minimum Requirements to apply
You are eligible to apply if your project meets the following requirements:
- Patent granted or filed (or proprietary software), or at least a defined robust IP protection plan;
- Proof of Concept, Prototype or at least Prototype Development Plan in place;
- Business Plan, Business Model or at least an exhaustive Executive Summary.
Preferential Selection Criteria:
Multi-disciplinary team with at least 1 team member working full-time
The presence of founder’s investments and/or co-investors
Upon completion of the acceleration program, the most promising projects, selected by a distinguished jury, will have the opportunity to:
- Co-develop their projects with Zambon as strategic Partner;
- Get milestones-based Seed Investment up to €100.000;
- Have Labs and Office Spaces for free in OpenZone;
- Connect with a high profile network of scientific experts and business leaders;
- Receive Advisory services from Deloitte and legal support from the law firm Bird & Bird.
Family & Friends
Open Accelerator has developed an extremely talented and reputable scientific and entrepreneurial community that consists of:
- Mentors: highly skilled and experienced professionals guiding and supporting throughout the challenging acceleration phase and afterwards.
- Advisors: clinical, financial and technological experts who assist in the applications’ evaluation and in the selection of the best candidates for the Open Accelerator program.
- Collaborators: professors, key opinion leaders, reputable tech-business entrepreneurs and science gurus who join Open Accelerator program to provide lectures and workshops for acceleration.
- Partners: Open Accelerator strategic partners.